The Temporary Officer (commissioned or non-commissioned) is the one who joins the Army through a selection process conducted by the Military Regions, according to areas of interest to the Army.
As a Commissioned Officer, there are three types of admittance:
a. on a mandatory basis
- Male university seniors in the areas of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Veterinary.
- Physicians, pharmacists, dentists and veterinarians who had their conscription postponed.
b. on a voluntary basis
- Male or female physicians, pharmacists, dentists and veterinarians under 38 years old (as per December 31st of the year of the call), according to the prescriptions of each Armed Force Command.
Detailed information on the necessary documents, dates, venues, Special Screening Commission, and screening criteria may be obtained (in Portuguese only) at the nearest Brazilian Military Unit.
It comprises all higher-education professional categories in the areas of interest to the Army.
All three training modalities last 12 months and are comprised of two phases:
· 1st PHASE: called technical-military instruction. It lasts 45 days and is mandatory to adapt the volunteer to the rules and regulations of the military life.
The Temporary Military Service lasts 12 months, extendable for successive similar periods, up to 8 years, considered the interest of both the Army and the Officer.
The screening process is based on:
1. Submission of an University Diploma in the candidate´s desired area, granted by an accredited University;
2. Training & Education Background Evaluation;
3. Medical and health exams;
The age limits for EAS and EST (commissioned officers) are limited to 38 years old as per December 31 of the entry year.
For the EBST (non-commissioned officers) the age span ranges from 18 to 30 years old as per December 31 of the entry year.
For more information (Portuguese only), please contact the Army Regional Military Service Stations (SSMR):
· 1st Military Region - Rio de Janeiro - RJ:
· Phone: (+5521) 2519-5000
· Webpage: www.1rm.eb.mil.br
· 2nd Military Region - São Paulo - SP:
· Phone: (+5511) 3888-5311 / 5312 / 5294 / 5342
· Webpage: www.2rm.eb.mil.br
· 3rd Military Region - Porto Alegre - RS:
· Phone: (+5551) 3220-6416 / 6348 / 6357
· Webpage: www.3rm.eb.mil.br
· 4th Military Region - Belo Horizonte - MG:
· Phone: (+5531) 3290-9543 / 9542 / 9544
· Webpage: www.4rm4de.eb.mil.br
· 5th Military Region - Curitiba - PR:
· Phone: (+5541) 3316-4876 / 4878
· Webpage: www.5rm5de.eb.mil.br
· 6th Military Region - Salvador - BA:
· Phone: (+5571) 3320-1822 / 1823 / 1824
· Webpage: www.6rm.eb.mil.br
· 7th Military Region - Recife - PE:
· Phone: (+5581) 3452-6284 / 6218
· Webpage: www.7rm7de.eb.mil.br
· 8th Military Region - Belém - PA:
· Phone: (+5591) 3211-3678 / 3679 / 3680 / 3682
· Webpage: www.8rm8de.eb.mil.br
· 9th Military Region - Campo Grande - MS:
· Phone: (+5567) 3368-4974 / 4301
· Webpage: www.9rm.eb.mil.br
· 10th Military Region - Fortaleza - CE:
· Phone: (+5585) 3255-1716 / 1717 / 1718
· Webpage: www.10rm.eb.mil.br
· 11th Military Region - Brasília - DF
· Phone: (+5561) 3317-3750 / 3166
· Webpage: www.11rm.eb.mil.br
· 12th Military Region - Manaus - AM:
· Phone: (+5592) 3659-1232 / 2211 / 2231
· Webpage: www.12rm.eb.mil.br